Our spiced pressure cooker maple applesauce is just the thing to satisfy your cinnamon craving when cooler weather comes around.
- 2 1/2 pounds apples (about 4 large), peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add the apples, apple cider, maple syrup, lemon juice, salt, and cinnamon to a 6-quart electric pressure cooker. Stir to combine.
- Secure the lid and set the timer to cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then open the valve and carefully quick-release the remaining steam before removing the lid.
- Mash or blend the applesauce to your desired consistency.
- Serve warm or transfer the applesauce to a bowl and allow it to cool completely at room temperature, then transfer to an airtight container and chill for about 2 hours to serve cold. Store leftovers in the fridge for 7-10 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Fruit
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Snack
Keywords: applesauce, apple, cinnamon, maple, pressure cooker