If you want to warm up with a bowl of soup that’s hearty yet light, and quick to prepare, this Instant Pot Mexican chicken version is the recipe to make.
- 2 15.5-16-ounce cans hot chili beans (your choice of spice level and bean type)
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 4.5-ounce can diced green chilies
- 5 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- Combine all ingredients in electric pressure cooker insert. Stir.
- Seal lid and set the timer to cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. As soon as the timer goes off, quick release the pressure manually.
- Remove the lid and stir. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, and serve with your choice of garnishes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: tex-mex, mexican, soup, instant pot, chicken