Start off the day with a slice of the best banana bread with cinnamon streusel topping. It’s an easy way to use any ripe bananas in your pantry.
For the Banana Bread:
- Butter, for greasing the pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
For the Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch metal loaf pan with butter and flour. Tap on the counter and discard any excess flour. You can also use cooking oil spray to grease the pan if you prefer.
- Whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, honey, and water until smooth and combined. Add the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, gently stir together the cinnamon, brown sugar, melted butter, and flour to make the streusel topping. Use your hands to incorporate everything until it’s crumbly. Sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for one hour, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Remove bread from the pan before slicing and serving, or cool completely on a wire rack before storing.
Adapted from Bon Appetit, September 2008.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Quick Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: banana bread, cinnamon, streusel