Oozing with melty chocolate chips and incredibly moist, no one will guess that this chocolate quick bread is made with zucchini and applesauce.
- 1 cup (220 grams) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat sugar, oil, and eggs on medium speed until well-combined. Add applesauce and mix again until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix on medium-low, until just combined.
- Stir in zucchini, chocolate chips, and walnuts if using.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before slicing.
- Category: Quick Breads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: zucchini, zucchini bread, chocolate, breakfast