This simple salad with asparagus, snow peas, and black-eyed peas served over quinoa makes a tasty and healthy one-bowl meal.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 2 small bunches or 1 large bunch asparagus
- 1 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, julienned
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the snow peas and cook for 1 minute. Add the cooking sherry and cook until mostly evaporated, another minute or so, stirring occasionally.
- Add the asparagus and saute for about 5 minutes, until bright green and tender. Don’t overcook.
- Add the black-eyed peas and cook, stirring often, until heated through. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste before serving over cooked quinoa. Garnish with the basil, and serve. Enjoy!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan recipes, asparagus, snow peas, black-eyed peas, quinoa, tomatoes