Brighten up your lunch with this salad, featuring roasted chicken, creamy goat cheese, and a fresh cherry vinaigrette.
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1–2 teaspoons honey (optional)
For the Salad:
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 8 ounces chopped roasted chicken
- ¼ cup slivered almonds (or any other nut)
- ¼ cup dried fruit (dried cranberries or raisins work well)
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
To Make the Dressing:
- Place dressing ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust to your preference. Honey may be added for extra sweetness.
To Make the Salad:
- Divide mixed greens, chicken, nuts, dried fruit, and goat cheese between four salad bowls.
- Drizzle dressing over salads and enjoy!
- Category: Salads
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Lunch
Keywords: cherry, cherry vinaigrette, roasted chicken, leftover chicken