A simple salad of fresh berries, toasted walnuts, and spinach. So flavorful all on its own, all you really need is a drizzle of balsamic and maybe a bit of oil for the dressing. Best served with fresh crusty bread to make it a meal.
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 heaping cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 cups lightly packed spinach
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil (optional)
- Place a dry skillet over medium heat and add the walnuts. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes, until the walnuts become fragrant and lightly toasted. Careful! They’ll go from perfectly toasted to burnt in a flash. Remove them from the pan.
- Pile the berries, cheese, and toasted walnuts on top of the spinach in a large bowl. Drizzle with a bit of good quality balsamic vinegar and some oil if you like, and serve with a hunk of good crusty bread and butter.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Lunch, Dinner