A quick and easy summertime BBQ recipe with grilled veggies, soba noodles, and toasted pine nuts. Perfect for a hot and lazy summer day!
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 white onion. sliced
- 2–3 cups snow peas (a few handfuls)
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces dry soba noodles
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the grill while you prep your veggies. Toss them into a grill basket and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the salt and a bunch of freshly ground pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- While the veggies cook, boil some water in a stockpot and cook the soba noodles according to package directions.
- While those cook, toast your pine nuts. Place them in a heavy-bottomed pan and set over medium-high heat. Cook stirring constantly for a few minutes, until they become fragrant and just the slightest golden brown. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- When the noodles and veggies are done cooking, combine them with the pine nuts in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and squeeze the lemon juice on top. Season with more sea salt and pepper, if desired. Eat immediately, or cold as leftovers!
- Category: Dinner