Need a fresh and healthy salad recipe? Make this grilled veggie salad with tahini dressing. Mix with your favorite grains and greens.
For the Salad Mix:
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 6 asparagus spears
- 1 cup cooked grains (brown rice, quinoa, farro, etc.)
- 4 cups lightly packed salad greens
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 ground coriander
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the bell pepper into roughly 6 chunks. Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch strips. Peel the onion and slice into 1/4-inch rounds, keeping all the layers together.
- Brush the oil on a griddle or grill pan. Neatly place all the veggies, except the asparagus, on the pan, with as little overlap as possible.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, until lightly charred. Flip each piece individually. Add the whole asparagus. Cook another 7 minutes or so, occasionally tossing the asparagus. The bell peppers will still be a bit crunchy – you can continue to cook them if you prefer them to be softer.
- While the vegetables cook, mix together the ingredients for the dressing with a whisk.
- Place the salad greens on a plate and top with a few spoonfuls of the grains. Top with the cooked veggies and finish with a drizzle of the dressing. Mix it all together, and enjoy!
- Category: Salads
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan, salad, grains, tomatoes, asparagus, bell pepper, zucchini