A bright and vibrant dish that pairs well with poultry or seafood, you’re going to love this simple lemon and parsley rice salad.
- 3 cups cooked rice (1 cup uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup tightly packed, finely chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 small sweet Italian frying pepper or bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- If you have not already, prepare the rice. If it’s ready to go, add a splash of water and heat it up in a microwave-safe bowl.
- To make the dressing, combine the lemon juice and lemon zest in a large wooden salad bowl, and whisk in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the rice, parsley, and diced pepper. Mix well. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with lemon wedges on the side.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Side Dishes
Keywords: rice, parsley, lemon