Make the most of the best summer flavors with this outstanding peach and corn salad, with fresh mint and lime. It’s ideal for lunch.
- 2 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 1 small bunch leaf lettuce (about 4 cups finely chopped)
- 2 ripe large peaches, sliced (or 4 small)
- Juice of 2 limes (2-3 tsp)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 leaves fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a medium-sized pot at least the width of your corn cobs with water and bring it to a boil over high heat. Add corn and cook until kernels are firm but tender, or to the doneness you like, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, mint, salt, and pepper until combined. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
- Wash lettuce and spin in a salad spinner if you have one. If not, allow to dry in a colander.
- Place chopped lettuce in a large wooden salad bowl.
- Transfer corn to a cutting board and slice off the kernels.
- Add corn to the bowl of greens. Add sliced peaches, then drizzle the dressing over the top. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: peach, corn, lettuce, salad, lime, mint, vegetarian