For a refreshing summer side that’s as vibrant as it is delicious, try this cucumber tomato salad with sweet onions and fragrant basil.
- 1 pound ripe heirloom beefsteak tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pound English (hothouse) cucumbers, cut into 1/2-inch-thick half-moons
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced into thin half-moons
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, gently torn
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions. Drizzle in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, and salt. Toss to combine.
- Allow the salad to marinate for at least 20 minutes in the fridge, or up to a few hours. Just before serving, add the basil and toss to combine. Season to taste with additional salt if necessary.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Side Dish
Keywords: salad, cucumber, tomato, basil, cider vinegar