A refreshing summer salad with chocolate balsamic dressing is the combination of fruity, sweet, and savory flavors that you’re craving right now.
For the Salad:
- 4 cups arugula, or 50/50 mix with various salad greens
- 1/2 gala apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped toasted walnuts
For the Vinaigrette:
- 3 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Divide greens between two plates. Top evenly with apple slices, blueberries, and strawberries.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring in between each, until smooth. Stir in balsamic vinegar, oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Cool for 5 minutes in the refrigerator. Drizzle dressing over the salad.
- Sprinkle with toasted walnuts. Serve immediately.
Adapted from a recipe by Angela Roberts of Spinach Tiger.
- Category: Salads
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: salad, chocolate balsamic dressing, berries, summer, lunch