A delicious vegan, veggie-packed recipe that’s reminiscent of a taco salad. The roasted sweet potato and spicy miso dressing are the stars of this dish! This is the perfect dinner for a warm summer night.
For the Salad:
- 1 ear corn, cooked (see note)
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 15-oz can black beans
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups lightly packed spinach
- 1/4 cup crumbled tortilla chips
For the Dressing:
- Cook the corn using your favorite method. See the note below for ours.
- Peel (if desired) and cut the sweet potatoes into a small 1-centimeter dice. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan placed over medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook, stiffing often, until browned on all sides and soft throughout, about 25 minutes. Turn the heat down if necessary, to avoid burning on the outside before they are cooked through.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, make the dressing. Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir with a whisk until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain and rinse the black beans in a colander, and add them to the pan. Cut the corn kernels off the cob and add them as well. Stir occasionally over medium heat for a few minutes, to heat through. Remove from the heat, and fold in the halved tomatoes.
- Divide the spinach equally between two salad plates (or four, if using as a side dish) and divide the potato mixture equally on top. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and sprinkle with crumbled tortilla chips.
Fill a pot with enough water to fully submerge the corn, and soak in the husk (i.e. not shucked) for 15-20 minutes. Grill over high heat for 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Let cool before shucking.