Sweet, salty, and creamy, this roasted chicken and fig panini tastes like it came straight from a fancy cafe. No panini press required.
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- 8 slices sourdough bread, or bread of choice
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces chopped roasted chicken
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- For each panini, spread fig jam on one side of the first slice of bread.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and butter, stir until smooth, and spread over one side of the second bread slice.
- Arrange chicken evenly over cheese mixture; sprinkle with pepper. Place the first slice of bread over chicken, jam side down.
- Preheat two cast iron skillets over medium heat. Once hot, add assembled sandwich to one skillet.
- Lightly spray the bottom of the second skillet with nonstick cooking oil spray and set on top of sandwich. Place a full tea kettle or other heat-safe weight on top.
- Cook for 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place greens in a bowl and drizzle lemon juice on top of them, tossing gently.
- Once the panini is browned, remove top piece of bread and add some greens to the sandwich before putting the bread back on top.
- Repeat with remaining paninis. Slice and serve.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Lunch
Keywords: chicken, rotisserie chicken, panini, fig jam, goat cheese