Forget cheddar or American – the best fig and Gruyere grilled cheese is going to blow your mind. The sweet, savory flavor combo is a whole new way to lunch.
- Heat skillet on medium-low.
- Butter one side each of both slices of bread, then spread the opposite side of one slice with fig jam, and the other slice with goat cheese.
- Place jam-covered slice of bread butter-side down on the heated skillet. Top with slices of Gruyere, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the other slice of bread on top, goat cheese side down.
- Cook until the browned on the bottom, approximately 4 minutes. Carefully flip the sandwich and continue to cook until the opposite side is browned and the cheese is melted, about 4 more minutes.
- Slice in half and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Lunch
Keywords: grilled cheese, fig, fig jam, gruyere