There’s no need to go through the process of battering and frying with grilled shrimp po’boys, a surefire sandwich win.
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning or Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste
- 4 hoagie rolls, split in half
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- Tabasco Sauce, to taste
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine shrimp, oil, seasoning, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir well and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together mayonnaise and pickle relish. Add the remaining minced garlic to the mayonnaise mixture and stir well. Set aside.
- Preheat grill. Once hot, add shrimp in a single layer. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, until shrimp are fully cooked and turn opaque. Remove from grill immediately.
- Spread mayo mixture on one side of each hoagie roll.
- Divide shrimp evenly among hoagie rolls. Sprinkle with Tabasco sauce as desired.
- Top with lettuce, tomato slices, and sliced onion. Sprinkle with a little chopped parsley, if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Sandwich
Keywords: po'boy, shrimp, grill, sandwich