To top your next pasta dish, make this rich and creamy tomato sauce filled with fresh, juicy tomatoes and fragrant herbs.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onions and cook until slightly softened.
- Add the garlic, basil, rosemary, and white wine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes, until the tomatoes have softened.
- Add the heavy cream. Gently simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened slightly, about another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over freshly cooked pasta.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: sauce, tomato, cream, herbs