Want to use kale in a new way? Try this flavorful hummus. Blending leafy greens into dip is a great way to get more vegetables into your diet.
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 lemon
- 1 to 3 large kale leaves, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons dried basil, or about 1/4 cup fresh
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 dash sea salt
- Juice the lemon and remove any seeds. Remove the stems from the kale and basil, and chop.
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and puree until well combined.
- Scrape down the sides and add process until smooth.
- Adjust consistency with additional olive oil or water as needed, and season with salt to taste.
Original recipe by Sarah Hagstrom.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes