Want to combine the sharp bite of pesto with the silky consistency of a vinaigrette? Lemon tarragon dressing hits all the right notes.
- 2 large cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse the smashed garlic cloves, almonds, and a pinch of salt until finely chopped, about 30 seconds.
- Add the parsley, tarragon, pecorino, and lemon juice, and pulse until combined. Scrape the herbs down from the sides to make sure that everything gets incorporated, and then add the remainder of the 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- With the motor running, slowing start streaming in the oil until the dressing reaches the consistency you want. Season to taste with additional salt if necessary.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 5-7 days. Give it a stir or a shake before use.
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Sauces
Keywords: salad dressing, pesto, lemon, tarragon