A cinch to whip up, this spiced blueberry jam is pleasantly punchy with a complex flavor, spiked with woody cinnamon and warm cloves. Get the recipe now.
- 8 cups fresh blueberries (4 pints)
- 3/4 cup pitted and chopped Medjool dates (about 8)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 2 large)
- 1 1/2 cups agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- In a large saucepot over medium-high heat, add the blueberries, dates, lemon juice, agave, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, mash the berries and dates until broken down, and then lower the heat to medium.
- Keeping the jam at a gentle boil and stirring often to make sure the bottom doesn’t burn, simmer uncovered until the mixture has thickened, about 20-25 minutes.
- Test for doneness by placing some jam on a plate and putting it in the freezer for about 5 minutes. When you push your finger through the jam, it should wrinkle up and gel instead of seeping back into the gap. Continue boiling for 5 minutes at a time until it achieves this consistency.
- Remove the pot from heat and allow the jam to cool slightly. Ladle into airtight containers or jars, allow to cool completely before putting the lids on top, and store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Jam
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Spreads
Keywords: blueberry, spice, jam, cinnamon