Need a new kind of nutty condiment to add to your repertoire of spreadable recipes? This earthy pine nut butter will do the trick.
- 1 1/3 cups pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon roughly chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 1/3–1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small dry skillet over medium heat, toast the pine nuts, tossing occasionally until fragrant and golden brown, for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add to a food processor or high-speed blender with the thyme and salt. Pulse until the nuts begin to break down. With the motor running, slowly stream in the olive oil a few tablespoons at a time, until the mixture is smooth and spreadable. Season to taste with additional salt.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Nut Butter
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Condiments
Keywords: thyme, nut butter, pine nut