Baked french fries are just what your stay-at-home date night needs. Made specifically for two, the potatoes come out golden and crispy.
- 1–2 tablespoons coconut oil, slightly softened
- 1 large Russet potato (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Italian seasoning blend, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, turmeric (optional)
- Scrub the potato well. Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Place coconut oil on a large, rimmed baking sheet, and spread it around with your fingers.
- Slice the potato in half lengthwise. Slice each of the halves in half lengthwise. Then, working with one section at a time, keep slicing the lengthwise until you have a lot of long, skinny matchstick pieces that are about 1/4 inch thick and 5 to 5 1/2 inches long.
- Place matchsticks on the pan, and toss with salt and pepper, working everything together with the oil on the pan so it is distributed evenly. Add additional seasonings to taste, if you wish. Arrange in a single layer. The more contact each fry has with the surface of the baking pan, the faster it will crisp up.
- Bake for 30 minutes, tossing potatoes halfway through. If fries are crisp and golden at 30 minutes, remove from the oven and serve. If they’re still soft in spots, toss and keep baking in increments of 5-10 minutes until done to your liking.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Appetizers
Keywords: potato, French fries, oven-baked