Make the most of your favorite fall vegetable with butter pecan sweet potatoes. You get a lot of flavor with a nutty crunch and a velvety finish.
- 8 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs total weight)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut in half lengthwise. Slice each half crosswise into ½-inch pieces (half-rounds).
- Place on a baking sheet in a single layer. You may need two baking sheets, depending on their size. Toss with olive oil and salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until soft, stirring and rearranging in a single layer halfway through cooking. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with butter, brown sugar, and pecans.
- Return to oven and bake for 8-10 more minutes, until sugar is caramelized and crunchy. Serve warm.
Adapted from Martha Stewart.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Baking, Roasting
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: sweet potato, butter pecan, pecan