This buttered miso roasted potato recipe is a perfect side or main dish. Slightly salty-sweet and roasted to perfection, these potatoes are sure to please.
- 10 small-medium red potatoes
- 3 Tbsp butter*
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp yellow miso
- 1/8 tsp ground sage
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Cut the potatoes into roughly 1-inch chunks. You can cut them smaller if you wish – they will cook faster. Place the potatoes in a baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl. Add the oilve oil, miso, sage, and rosemary. Use a fork to mix well. The miso won’t totally go into solution, but do the best you can. Add a bit of salt to taste.
- Pour the butter sauce over the chopped potatoes, and use your hands or a large spoon to distribute evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, tossing halfway through, until evenly browned and easily pierced with a fork. Serve immediately, with sauteed vegetables.
As opposed to most of my other recipes, I did not use Earth Balance vegan margarine in this recipe. If you give it a try, please let me know how it turns out!
If you wish to decrease the sodium content of this recipe a bit, feel free to use unsalted butter, or skip the additional pinch of salt.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: miso, potatoes, side dish, vegetarian