Forget using the plain russet for your next fry adventure. Instead, look to the best cajun sweet potato fries recipe for a sweet, spicy combo.
- 2 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tsp Kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Cut each potato into thin strips, approximately ¼ inch thick. Place into a large bowl.
- Fill the bowl with cold water and soak for 30 minutes. Rinse in a colander with cool water, drain, and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Add remaining oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and the spices. Toss well to coat.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet in single layer, without any overlap.
- Bake for 25 minutes, tossing halfway through, or until fully cooked and golden brown.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon salt to season. Serve immediately.
Adapted from The New Best Recipe from the editors of Cook’s Illustrated
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: sweet potato, oven-baked, cajun, vegetarian