You won’t be able to find a better recipe than this one for smooth, creamy garlic mashed potatoes, and you can make it in less than 30 minutes.
- 9–10 small golden potatoes (approx. 1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Scrub the potatoes well, removing any bad spots or eyes that you see. If any are larger than the others, cut in half to make sure they cook evenly.
- Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with water and a pinch of salt. Place on the stove over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a strong simmer and cook until fork tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Drain, then mash well in the same pot. Or, puree mixture in the pot with an immersion blender to make it even smoother.
- Stir in butter and milk, and continue to stir until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper until combined. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Sides
Keywords: garlic, parsley, mashed potatoes, potato