This typical German side dish is a perfect choice for your summer BBQ. It goes so well with every kind of sausages, steaks, ribs, or grilled vegetables!
- 2 lbs waxy potatoes
- 4 pickled gherkins (plus some of their juice)
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- handful fresh chives
- handful fresh parsley
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Boil the potatoes in their skins until fork tender and allow them to cool completely, preferably overnight.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into slices. Set aside.
- Slice or dice the gherkins. Set aside.
- Mince the chives and parsley. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, mix the mayonnaise with the yogurt, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in a little gherkin juice to create a creamy consistency.
- Place the sliced potatoes and gherkins in a large bowl and fold in the dressing to coat. Garnish with parsley and chives, and refrigerate for a few hours before serving, to allow the flavors to meld.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: German
Keywords: German, potato salad, Oktoberfest