No matter what you are cooking this week, these lemon baby potatoes are the simple and quick side dish you need to make.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Dutch gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup homemade or low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- Cover potatoes with water in a large stockpot. Add 1 tablespoon salt, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 10-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander. Transfer to a cutting board, and cut in half lengthwise.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, cut sides down, and cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in stock, white wine, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook until liquid is reduced by a third, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add thyme and butter, and stir until butter has melted. Stir in lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Side Dish
Keywords: lemon, potato, white wine, chicken stock, garlic