Three bean salad is a classic recipe that will totally blow you away. A sweet and tangy dressing is the ideal pairing with whatever you cook up this summer.
- 2 cups green beans, or a combination of green and wax beans, ends trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 15.5-oz can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 15.5-oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, add green beans and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain. Add green beans to a bowl filled with ice water to stop the cooking process. Let rest for a few minutes.
- Drain the beans and add to a large bowl.
- Drain canned beans and rinse with cold water. Add them to the bowl along with the onion. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Pour dressing mixture over bean mixture. Toss to coat evenly.
- Chill at least 3 hours before serving.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Blanching
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: three bean salad, green beans, kidney, garbanzo, chickpea, side dish