Forget reaching for the same old mayonnaise-covered spuds and shake things up with this oil and vinegar potato salad.
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes (red-skinned or Yukon gold)
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and fill with water. Place lid on pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Continue to cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain, and rinse with cold water until they are cool enough to handle.
- Chop into 1-inch chunks and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add onion, herbs, sugar, mustard, vinegar, and oil, and toss until well coated.
- Stir to mash the potatoes slightly, until they reach your desired texture.
- Add salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Category: Potato Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Side Dish
Keywords: potato, potato salad, vegetarian, barbecue, picnic, side dish