Weeknight dinner gets a twist with our epic Buffalo chicken tacos. It’s all the taste of the wings you love, but slow-cooked and juicy.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce or more to taste, plus more for serving
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Place chicken, hot sauce, and butter in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a cutting board. Shred with two forks, then return to the slow cooker. Stir to combine well with the sauce, and return to the warm setting until ready to serve.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat. Add tortillas one at a time and heat for about one minute, turning halfway through. Or, reheat tortillas in the microwave between damp paper towels, until they are warm and pliable.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of chicken onto each tortilla. Add additional hot sauce if desired. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese, onion, lettuce, and celery. Serve immediately.
- Category: Tacos
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: Crock-Pot, Buffalo chicken, chicken tacos, hot sauce, taco