If you need an easy, comforting meal, this is the one. This slow cooker chili rubbed pork roast comes together in a few simple steps.
- 6 dried ancho chili peppers
- 3–4 large cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3–4 pounds pork roast
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced (approx. 2 1/2 to 3 cups)
- Fill a medium-sized saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. Add chili peppers and boil for about 5 minutes, or until peppers are softened. Remove the chili peppers from the water and drain in a colander. Remove and discard the stems.
- Place chili peppers, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor or high-speed blender. Process about 30 seconds, or until peppers are finely chopped and mixture is well combined.
- Rub chili mixture into the pork on all sides.
- Place onions in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place pork roast on top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until the meat is cooked through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours, 5 minutes
- Category: Pork
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Main Course
Keywords: slow cooker, pork, chili peppers