Bring the family together with the best slow cooker chicken green chili. The comforting mix of ingredients means big, bold flavor.
For the Chili:
- 2 15-oz cans cannellini beans
- 1 cup homemade or low-sodium chicken stock
- 16 oz homemade or jarred salsa verde
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2–2.5 lbs total weight)
- 3 Tbsp green jalapeno hot sauce, or more to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lime, cut into wedges
- Rice, white or brown
- Flour tortillas (optional)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Place all ingredients for the chili in a slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on low for 8 hours, or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred using two forks.
- Return to the slow cooker and stir to distribute the meat evenly. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and additional hot sauce if desired. Ladle into bowls filled with rice and serve warm with cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
Nutritional information below does not include optional toppings and ingredients for serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Chili
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: chicken, pollo verde, salsa verde, Crock-Pot, chili