Whether you’re a lazy cook or you feel like there just aren’t enough hours in the day, slow cooker pork tacos are an easy Taco Tuesday fix.
For the Pork:
- 2 pounds pork roast (butt or shoulder)
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup homemade or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 taco-size flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges
- Salsa or hot sauce (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Place pork in slow cooker. Add all of the other ingredients except the bay leaf to a bowl and stir to combine. Pour over pork. Add the bay leaf. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on High.
- Shred the pork with two forks while it’s still in the slow cooker, or transfer to a cutting board to shred.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Stir the pork into the sauce in the slow cooker insert.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until warm.
- Spoon pork into tortillas. Add toppings as desired and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Tacos
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: pork, poblano pepper, slow cooker, taco