Show your slow cooker some love with this nutritious, creamy butternut squash soup made with just a few simple ingredients.
- 2 pounds peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pumpkin seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Place squash, onion, carrots, vegetable broth, coconut milk, sage, salt, and pepper in your slow cooker. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until butternut squash is soft.
- Carefully transfer to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Return to slow cooker, taste, and add additional salt or pepper if needed. Serve immediately, or keep on warm until you are ready to serve. Soup can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week, or frozen for up to 6 months.
Nutritional info below does not include optional garnishes.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
Keywords: butternut squash, winter squash, soup, butternut squash soup