Looking for an easy way to satisfy that sweet-and-salty craving? This addictively delicious honey butter infused popcorn is the answer.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Once the butter begins to foam and sizzle, add the honey and 1/4 teaspoon salt and whisk to combine. Keep the mixture warm over low heat.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add two of the popcorn kernels to the oil and cover the pot with a lid. Turn the heat to up medium-high.
- As soon as you hear the test kernels pop, add the remaining kernels, cover the pot, and shake so that the kernels are evenly coated in oil. Once they start to pop, reduce the heat back to medium, give the pot another few shakes, and leave the lid a tiny bit tilted so some of the steam can be released.
- When the popping sounds begin to dissipate, after about 2 minutes, take the pot off the heat and immediately sprinkle the popcorn with the remaining salt.
- Transfer to a large bowl, evenly drizzle the honey-butter mixture over the top, and gently fold to combine. Season to taste with additional salt and serve warm.
- The freshly popped popcorn (without the honey-butter mixture added) will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 2 days. And the flavored butter can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated on the stove or in the microwave at 50% power.
- Category: Popcorn
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Snacks
Keywords: honey, butter, popcorn