Sweet and chewy homemade pistachio granola bars are packed with healthy and colorful ingredients, all combined with almond butter and honey.
- 1 1/4 cups shelled raw pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots (about 6 whole)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons almond butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with two pieces of parchment paper to create a sling, with one crossing over the other. Lightly grease the paper with additional cooking spray.
- Place the pistachios, oats, apricots, dried cranberries, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until the ingredients are evenly distributed, about 30 seconds.
- Add the honey, almond butter, and vanilla to the bowl. With the mixer on low speed, mix the ingredients together for another 30 seconds to form a wet mixture that holds together slightly when pressed. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and briefly remix.
- Dump the mixture into the prepared pan. Using your hands, very firmly and evenly press the mixture down, spreading it along the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until aromatic and lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan, about 1 hour.
- Using the exposed paper on the sides of the pan to help you, lift the entire baked square from the pan. Dispose of the paper and place the square on a cutting board.
- Slice the square into 12 equal bars and serve. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Granola Bars
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Snacks
Keywords: pistachio, granola, bars