These soft and chewy pumpkin granola bars essentially take all the best flavors of fall and wrap them into a healthy, snack-sized package. Read more now.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sweet sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup potato flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, roasted
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease an 11-by-9-inch baking dish with coconut oil or spray, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, ground flax, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, flours, xanthan gum, and sunflower seeds. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together pumpkin, egg, molasses, honey, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and mix until well-combined.
- Spread mixture into the baking dish, using a rubber spatula to spread it into an even layer. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and lightly press them down.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then cut into bars. Remove from pan and let cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
Note: If you’re not concerned about keeping this recipe gluten free, you can use 1 cup of all-purpose flour in place of the sorghum flour, potato flour, and xanthan gum.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Granola Bar
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin seed, granola bar