These oat bars with a chocolate drizzle are healthier than any candy bar, with wholesome ingredients and the perfect touch of sweetness.
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 3-ounce bar dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover the bottom of a square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on two opposite sides. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients except the melted chocolate into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Pulse for 20-30 seconds, or until the mixture comes together and begins to form a ball.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan. Use your fingers to press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before cutting into 12 bars or squares.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or double boiler on the stovetop. Use a spoon to drizzle it evenly over the cooled granola bars. Let sit about 30 minutes until the chocolate sets completely.
- Store room temperature in an airtight container with parchment between each layer.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: oats, chocolate, whole wheat flour, ground flax seed, snack, breakfast