Barbecue chicken soup is a recipe that can be on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes – which is pretty much the best thing in the world.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 2 lbs)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1–2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro, to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven or stock pot.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Stir in corn, shredded chicken breast, chicken stock, barbecue sauce, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to simmer and let cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro just before serving. Serve warm with shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips, and extra chopped cilantro, or your choice of toppings.
Nutritional information below does not include optional toppings.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: barbecue chicken, barbecue chicken soup, barbecue sauce, chicken