This creamy butternut squash apple soup with bacon will quickly become your favorite for cozy weeknight dinners in the fall.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups pureed butternut squash
- 1 tsp potato starch, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon, about 4 to 5 slices (optional)
- Melt oil in a medium-sized pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in apple and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in stock, water, and thyme. Bring to a boil.
- Add butternut squash puree to the pan and cook until heated through.
- Transfer soup to a blender with 1 teaspoon of potato starch.
- Blend 30 seconds or until smooth and thickened.
- Serve warm with bacon on top, if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Soup
Keywords: butternut squash, bacon, apple, soup