Curry noodles with tofu and mushrooms pack a spicy punch. Enjoy the warming flavors of curry, ginger, coconut, and fresh herbs.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2–3 teaspoons chili garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons roasted curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 9 ounces rice noodles
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3–4 green onions, sliced
- Limes, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in the garlic, then add chili paste and spices.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then stir in the noodles. Reduce heat to a simmer, and let cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the noodles cook, dice the tofu into 1/2-inch cubes. Toss with the cornstarch until evenly coated. Heat the remaining 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, then carefully add the tofu blocks. Toss every few minutes until a couple sides of each block are a golden-brown color.
- Add the tofu, cilantro, and green onions to the pot with the curry. Serve with lime on top and eat!
If you’re not a fan of tofu flavor, try draining the tofu and soaking it in salted water for 1 hour, or up to overnight. The soaking pulls the water out of the tofu, and makes it more palatable.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Curry
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, curry, tofu, mushrooms, spicy recipes