Easy vegetable pasta soup is a one-pot meal that’s ideal for quick meal prep, to create weeknight dinners or simple lunches to enjoy throughout the week.
- 2 28-oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 3/4–1 cup fresh or frozen green beans (cut fresh into 2-inch pieces)
- 3/4 cup frozen or canned carrots (or fresh, peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup canned black-eyed peas or butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup peeled and diced Russet potato (about 1 large)
- 5 cups homemade or low-sodium chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 cup elbow shaped pasta (about 3 oz)
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Place all of the vegetables and the chicken stock in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add basil, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and let cook until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 7 more minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: vegetable soup, pasta, vegetables