Fill your bowl and soothe your soul with this fiber-rich and nutritious green healing soup that’s loaded with ginger, garlic, and tasty veggies.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 6 cups chopped fresh kale, stems removed
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 3 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 sheet dried raw nori seaweed, roughly torn
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric (or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh)
- Pinch cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 8 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- 1/4 cup sour cream, for garnish (optional, or use dairy-free)
- In a large 4-quart stockpot over medium-high heat, add 1/2 cup of the parsley, the kale, spinach, carrots, garlic, ginger, seaweed, Italian seasoning, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and salt. Pour the stock in, stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Using a hand-held immersion blender (or slightly cooling and then transferring the soup to a high-speed blender in batches), puree until smooth, and then season to taste with additional salt if necessary. Reheat the soup before serving if you cooled it and transferred to a high-speed blender.
- Ladle the hot soup into bowls, and garnish with even portions of the sour cream and remaining parsley.
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Soup
Keywords: greens, soup, vegetarian