Need an easy, healthy meal? Make this quick black bean soup. Ready in just 15 minutes, it’s packed with flavor and fiber to keep you satisfied.
- 4 15-ounce cans black beans without added salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup salsa
- 32 ounces low sodium vegetable broth (or chicken stock), homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Sliced jalapenos and/or chopped green onions (optional)
- Pour beans and their liquid into a large stockpot.
- Using a potato masher, lightly mash half of the beans.
- Add chili powder, cumin, salsa, and broth to the pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Let boil for 1-2 minutes and reduce heat to low. Serve immediately with optional cheese and sour cream.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: black bean, soup, chili powder, cumin