Salsa verde chicken soup is easy to make, and perfect for enjoying at any time of year. It’s super flavorful, with a healthy dose of kale.
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock, homemade or store bought, plus more as needed
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 16 oz homemade or premade salsa verde
- 2 15-oz cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale (about 3 large leaves)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients except kale into a large pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, remove kale stem and discard stem. Stack kale leaves and roll tightly together. Slice the rolled leaves to form thin ribbons.
- Once the soup is boiling, add kale and reduce heat to medium-low. Continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more stock to adjust thickness as needed. Remove soup from heat and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex