This taco soup is a flavorful meatless meal that’s perfect for everyone, whether you’re a vegetarian or simply trying to cut back on your meat intake.
For the Soup:
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 15-oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4-oz can diced green chilies
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
For the Garnish:
- Tortilla chips
- Lime wedges
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and saute until softened, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and stir frequently until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds. Do not let the garlic burn.
- Stir in cumin, ancho chili powder, paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper, tomatoes with their juices, beans, chiles, broth, and corn until combined.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes, until liquid is reduced by a quarter. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Nutritional information below does not include optional garnishes.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: meatless, taco soup, vegetarian, beans, soup