Slow cooker Thai chicken curry is a warm, comforting, and spicy dish that makes for a simple dinner any night of the week.
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce (or gluten-free tamari)
- 2–3 tablespoons Thai red or green chili/curry paste, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 to 3-inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces (or turkey)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- Combine coconut milk, soy sauce, curry paste, cayenne pepper, ginger, garlic, chicken, onion, and peppers in your slow cooker.
- Stir to coat. Add one-quarter of the lime. Reserve the remaining wedges, setting them aside.
- Cover and cook mixture on high for 2 hours. Stir in salt to taste. Serve over rice with remaining lime wedges for garnish.
- To make this recipe using poultry that has already been cooked, simply omit it from this step and proceed as directed.
- Chopped or shredded cooked chicken or turkey can be added in the last 15 minutes or so of cooking instead. Just add it to your slow cooker and stir to combine, then give it enough time to heat up all the way through before serving.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai curry, chicken, bell peppers, onion, chili paste