Forget everything you thought you knew about the classic meaty comfort food, because this balsamic turkey meatloaf recipe will blow you away.
For the Meatloaf:
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, and milk until combined. Stir in balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Press into the prepared pan. Stir together the ketchup and brown sugar until combined; pour evenly over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until the inner temperature reaches 170˚F and juices run clear when pricked with a knife.
- Let rest for 15 minutes in the pan before removing to slice and serve.
- Category: Meatloaf
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
Keywords: meatloaf, ground turkey, balsamic, comfort food